|Title:||Applications Support Engineer|
The primary function of the Applications Support Administrator is to provide technical integration, architecture and oversight of Windchill PLM and associated applications. This position also provides Configuration and Data Management (CDM) support, supporting program requirements as directed to ensure proper configuration control of all products.
- The scope of the Applications Support Engineer is to be the primary technical administrator for the Configuration and Data Management and the Engineering department.
- The engineering tools are complex in nature and include (at a minimum): CAD, Requirements tools, PCB design, Simulation, Modeling, PLM, etc.
- The primary responsibility of the Applications Support Engineer is Windchill PLM and tools that integrate with Windchill PLM
- Windchill PLM provides the core data management and workflow capabilities for all program functions throughout the product life cycle
- Familiar with Creo, SolidWorks, DOORS and ECAD applications
- A successful candidate will be one who proactively looks after the health of the engineering software applications, plans for the future and quickly and thoroughly addresses issues.
- Must proactive and be able to work with little direction.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
- Must be able to work with people effectively.
- Must be willing and capable of working with teams of Government and Contractors across multiple companies
- Must be able to multitask; the successful candidate will be effective on simultaneous projects as various stages of completion
- Must be familiar with enterprise software architectures and large software application architectures, installation and maintenance.
- Strong problem solver.
- Manage user accounts & privileges
- Setup and maintain projects
- Create custom reports & queries
- Helps engineering with tool problems and questions
- Create and give training sessions on how to use the tool to the engineering team adhering to engineering policy.
- Create user accounts, change passwords and terminate previous user accounts
- Add users to programs and set privileges
- Implement new process workflows & update process work flows for program unique requirements
- Help users with technical issues and train if necessary
- Support IT with client installations & trouble shooting
- Plans, coordinates and performs software updates for engineering applications
- Familiar with databases and database administration
- Able to write and update SQL is a plus
- Familiarity with web software, such as Java, PHP, Perl, etc. is a plus
- Familiarity with writing and editing HTML web-pages
- Address issues with the tools from the engineering team and work support tickets with application vendors & IT to resolve issues.
- Manage the security rules within the application and tailor them for unique program specific needs, work with ITAR, FSO and IT to ensure compliance
- Manage the data, create backups as needed and support programs
- Manage database data items and properties, manage the uniform dataset for all programs
- Monitor tool performance
- Manage maintenance renewals
- Work with Tool supplier to resolve issues & plan updates
- Provides inputs to and helps with engineering tool selections.
- Work with IT to schedule, plan & make SW & HW updates as needed
- Forecast license needs and support capital requests
- Monitor usage to forecast network usages & data storage needs
- Provide input and reviews for yearly engineering tool capital budgets
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office and contractor operated environments including manufacturing facilities. Employees will also work in test and integration labs, government depots, and test, evaluation and proving grounds as required.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
- The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers, customers, and co-workers.
Travel Less than 10% travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Applied Technologies or Equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in IT or as an Application Administrator
- Experience with Windchill PLM v.10 or later
- SolidWorks and Creo CAD integration to Windchill PLM
- Experience with SQL license schemes and the installation and managing of the software
- Familiar with Web Application servers such as JBOSS, ISS and Apache Tomcat
- Must be familiar with installing and maintaining applications on Windows Operating Systems (XP, Server 2015+ (Standard & Enterprise)
- Must Understand Network basics
- Experience with other PLM integration a plus.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
QED Systems, LLC is an Affirmative Action Employer that provides equal employment opportunities for all persons and prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or non-disqualifying disability.