|Location:||Fort Huachuca, AZ|
Sierra Vista – Mid-Level
The Security Engineer will be responsible for defining information system security requirements and functionality by designing system architecture, developing and implementing security designs, and assessing the effectiveness of security solutions against present and projected threats in support of our Army customer at Sierra Vista, AZ.
- Define information system security requirements and functionality by designing system architecture, developing and implementing security designs, and assessing the effectiveness of security solutions against present and projected threats.
- Implement solutions by planning, training, and installing/configuring.
- Produce formal and informal reports, briefings, and direct input to the customer regarding security and functionality requirements, system architecture, and security designs.
- Conduct risk assessments throughout the life-cycle as well as continuously monitoring relevant security changes to the IT system.
- Protect computer network systems by identifying vulnerabilities and potentials for attacks.
- Discover methods of protecting global networks, computer systems, or specific hardware or software.
- Design, demonstrate, develop, implement, or update protection methods and recommend mitigation strategies and techniques.
- Identify vulnerabilities and attacks to various physical properties of equipment, and security mechanisms.
- Characterize those attacks with respect to resources and capabilities required to accomplish those attacks and relate those vulnerabilities and attacks to their effects on the operations and missions supported by those systems.
- Write, edit, review and prepare for publication or presentation scientific and/or technical documents on engineering-designed systems and equipment or information technology research, applying knowledge of the technical subject matter of the specific position.
- Prepare detailed test plans, procedures and reports dealing with all levels of security products, systems, networks and architectures.
- Develop policy, implementing security procedures, reviewing security practices, and evaluating security of the IA program in accordance with applicable policies and regulations.
Required Job Skills:
· TS/SCI security clearance, strong desired
· 4 years security engineer experience with complex information systems
· Current 8570 compliant training: relevant certifications such as CISSP, Security+, Red Hat, etc.
· Hands-on experience of Unix/Linux engineering and administration
· Experience with automated security tools
· Strong written and oral communication skills, must be comfortable briefing small (up to 30 person) audiences
- Bachelors of Science Degree is strongly desired
- QED offers a competitive compensation package for employees, salaries negotiable based on skill level and experience.
Please submit your resume to: email@example.com
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications